The Bulli Community Centre has a vision to grow safe, resilient, empowered communities for all and to be a hub providing something for everyone, no matter where you come from or your status in society, you are welcome!
The latest plan the Centre is working on, is a Three Phase Project that includes, but is not limited to:
A COMMUNITY GARDEN
It is hoped the garden will significantly affect the general health and wellbeing of community members of all ages in a positive way.
Garden activities in the future may include:
- Fresh food
- A sense of belonging and achievement
- Healthy outdoor exercise
- Opportunities for group excursions and workshops
- Activities as identified by the group
AN ALFRESCO OASIS AREA
The project aims be completed in time for spring, with a grant opening planned for the 28th September 2018. We envisage the project will expand the existing operations of the Bulli Community Centre to the broader community, with disabled access and will also provide opportunities to celebrate community events such as:
- National Aboriginal & Islander Day of Celebration Week (NAIDOC)
- ‘Bush tucker’
- Activities for Senior’s Week
- Creating a hub for isolated community members.
Artist's Impression by Barbara Piccolini
A PROFIT FOR PURPOSE COMMUNITY COFFEE HUB
That will function as hospitality training for our youth, disabled or unemployed, to gain transferrable skills enabling preparation of their journey into employment or further study in a nurturing, supportive environment; in conjunction with TAFE and local business. Other benefits will include:
- All profit goes back into the local community
- Not competing with other local small businesses
- Access to a large range of other activities connected to the Centre & the coffee shop.
- A relaxed, non-judgement and informal atmosphere
It is envisaged this Three Phase Project will provide opportunities for:
- Opportunities regarding Barista & Hospitality training in partnership with local TAFE and local businesses
- Intellectually/physically disabled
- Equitable access to participate in mainstream activities
- People with mental health issues
- Youth, young people and families
Other activities Bulli Community Centre has to offer:
- A variety of yoga styles to suit everyone
- Pilates for all levels
- Gentle exercise
- Tai Chi all levels
- Craft & quilting
- Sublime Sound healing
- Meals on Wheels
- Several support groups
- Walkie Talkies
The No Interest Loan Scheme (NILS) provides individuals and families on low incomes with access to safe, fair and affordable credit. Loans are available for up to $1,500 for essential goods and services such as fridges, washing machines and medical procedures. Repayments are set up at an affordable amount over 12 to 18 months.
For more information please call Cassandra on 4284 7006
The Board, Staff and volunteers are very sincerely grateful for the support the Woonona Bulli RSL Club has given to this Centre over the past 16 years.
Support for activities and programs include, but not limited to:
- Children’s breakfast program
- Primary & High School Students homework and study support
- Endeavour Day Event
- No Interest Loan Scheme
- Community garden lawn equipment
- Alfresco Oasis.
The Woonona Bulli RSL Club has been a Champion to the Centre, enabling us to continue the much-needed community work, which would not have occurred without their ongoing generosity and preparedness to step in when others could not.
We believe Bulli Woonona areas are extremely fortunate to have a local Club that is so committed and always ready to support its community in particular the most vulnerable.
They are truly making a significate contribution in supporting us, to improve peoples’ lives in the local area and we are very grateful.
BULLI COMMUNITY CENTRE
Address: 328 Princes Hwy, Bulli NSW 2516