Wednesday the 15th of September, 2021
Club Update PART 6 – “LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL”
In this update I finally get to report some good news! Last Thursday the Premier unveiled the NSW Governments “ROADMAP TO FREEDOM FOR THE FULLY VACCINATED”.
Some key points from the Media Release are outlined for you below:
Stay-at-home orders for adults who have received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine will be lifted from the Monday after NSW passes the 70 per cent double vaccination target.
The roadmap is subject to further fine-tuning and health advice if circumstances change drastically or if cases within a designated area remain too high. Premier Gladys Berejiklian said we are well on the way to hitting the 70 per cent double dose milestone which will allow the state to open up for those who have received both doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
“I cannot stress enough how important it is for people to get vaccinated – if you have not had both doses of the vaccine by the time we hit the 70 per cent milestone, you will not be able to take advantage of these freedoms,” Ms Berejiklian said.
Deputy Premier John Barilaro said the NSW Government has worked with industry to design this roadmap, which is our biggest incentive to get vaccinated, to reach the 70 per cent target as soon as possible.
“Our roadmap outlines the freedoms that twice vaccinated people will enjoy once we reach 70 per cent double dose which means a meal with loved ones or a drink with friends is just around the corner,” Mr Barilaro said.
Only fully vaccinated people and those with medical exemptions will have access to the freedoms allowed under the Reopening NSW roadmap.
Venues including hospitality, retail stores and gyms:
• Hospitality venues can reopen subject to one person per 4sqm inside and one person per 2sqm outside, with standing while drinking permitted outside.
• Retail stores can reopen under the one person per 4sqm rule (unvaccinated people will continue to only be able to access critical retail).
• Personal services such as hairdressers and nail salons can open with one person per 4sqm, capped at five clients per premises.
• Gyms and indoor recreation facilities can open under the one person per 4sqm rule and can offer classes for up to 20 people.
• Sporting facilities including swimming pools can reopen.
• Masks will remain mandatory for all indoor public venues, including public transport, front-of-house hospitality, retail and business premises, on planes and at airports.
• Only hospitality staff will be required to wear a mask when outdoors.
• Children aged under 12 will not need to wear a mask indoors.
Our Vaccination Survey Results – “A big thankyou and a great response”
I am very proud of the fact that we have had such a great response to the vaccination survey. With the chance to open only weeks away there is so much comfort in the fact that over 70% of our staff will be fully vaccinated and available to work by the mid-October reopening date! In addition to this almost 100% of our staff were willing and able to get vaccinated. I know that some of you are at the mercy of available vaccines and have booked the earliest appointment you could get – based on your responses we will be close to fully vaccinated by the end of November. I would encourage any of you that have later appointments to keep an eye on vaccinations locations for any available appointments due to cancellations.
Our Reopening Plan and Rosters
Someone from the Club will be in touch over the coming weeks as we get closer to the date with information on rosters and other operational issues.
I will also be in touch with all staff required to assist with preparations in the last days and weeks leading up to “Freedom Day”.
Please if any of you have any questions don’t hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0438298341.
Employee Assistance Program
The Club would also like to take this opportunity to remind you of its Employee Assistance Program. This is a free and confidential counselling service, available to you if you feel this would be of benefit to you.
You may call them on 1300 727 308.
We hope you continue to keep yourself safe during this difficult period and we look forward to seeing you back at work as soon as possible.
Woonona Bulli RSL Memorial Club Limited
On behalf of the Board of Directors