Monday the 27th of September 2021
IMPORTANT STAFF NOTICE
To All Employees of Woonona Bulli RSL Club Limited (the Club)
Staff Update 7 – Return to work
Further to the temporary shut-down notice issued to you on Sunday the 27th of June 2021, we are pleased to advise that based on the current information from the NSW Government the Club will reopen on Monday the 11th of October 2021.
The Club will be subject to trading restrictions such as capacity limits and masks, in accordance with the Public Health Order.
A roster for the week beginning the 11th of October will be forwarded via an email this week. Can you please review the roster as soon as possible and contact Melissa Terry via email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to work the rostered shifts you have been allocated. Can you also please inform Melissa via email of your current availabilities for all rosters moving forward.
The Club has scheduled a COMPULSORY STAFF MEETING FOR ALL FULLY VACCINATED STAFF at 10am on Monday the 11th of October to advise of any updated safety and hygiene practices for employees and visitors, including new check in requirements under the Public Health Order. The Club will be opening for trade at 12pm following the staff meeting.
We strongly encourage all of our employees to get vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are unsure about the available vaccines, the best thing to do is to speak with your doctor. If you would like more information on the vaccine, NSW Health website provides up-to-date medical information and we have provided a link here: https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/latest-updates.aspx.
COVID-19 Vaccination Collection Notice
You will find the Clubs COVID-19 Vaccination Collection Notice in relation to the collection and storage of your COVID-19 Vaccination / Immunisation record below. At the staff meeting on the 11th of October the Club will be asking that you provide a copy of such records to be kept on file at the Club until it is no longer relevant. All other staff will be requested to provide their records before the commencement of their first shift once they are fully vaccinated. If you have any questions in relation to the Privacy Collection Notice please do not hesitate to contact me by email on email@example.com
COVID-19 Disaster Payment
You may also continue to be eligible for the COVID-19 Disaster Payment if you are unable to earn your usual income of 8 hours or more or a full day’s work because of the restrictions.
If you have any questions, please contact me via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to having you back.
Woonona Bulli RSL Club Limited
COVID-19 Vaccination Collection Notice
This COVID-19 Vaccination Collection Notice (this Notice) is issued pursuant to Australian Privacy Principle 5 in Schedule 1 to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
1. Who is collecting and storing this information?
Your vaccination information is being sought by Woonona Bulli RSL Club (the Club), located at 455 Princes Highway, WOONONA, NSW 2517, ABN 36001059374. For any queries, please contact 42841577.
2. What information is the Club is collecting?
The Club is seeking to collect your “vaccination information” which includes one of the following two types of documentation defined by Public Health (COVID-19 Additional Restrictions for Delta Outbreak) Order (No 2) 2021 (NSW):
a) A medical contraindication certificate issued by a medical practitioner in the form approved by the Chief Health Officer of NSW that certifies a person is unable to have the COVID-19 vaccine because of a specified medical contraindication; or
b) Evidence from the Australian Immunisation Register (operated by the Commonwealth) that a person has had 1 or 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.
This information is “sensitive information” under the Privacy Act which is subject to a high level of privacy protection.
The Privacy Act requires the Club to obtain your consent to collect your vaccination information.
If you consent to this COVID-19 Vaccination Collection Notice, you are confirming that as an employee of the Club, you agree that the Club has notified you of the purposes of collecting your vaccination information and that:
b) You acknowledge that you are providing this consent voluntarily.
At the end of this Notice, you have an opportunity to consent to providing the Club this information.
4. Who does this Notice apply to?
5. Who do we collect the information from?
The Club is seeking to collect your vaccination information directly from you.
6. Why is the Club collecting COVID-19 vaccination information?
The Club is seeking to collect your vaccination information because:
• The Delta variant of the coronavirus, which is currently circulating throughout NSW and Australia, is highly transmissible and infectious and capable of causing hospitalisation and death to people who are exposed, and
• The COVID-19 vaccines approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) of the Commonwealth are currently our most effective “first line of defence” at limiting the transmission of COVID-19, as stated by the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI), and
• Having records of your vaccination information will enable the Club to comply with its duty under health and safety laws to eliminate or, if that is not reasonably practicable, minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace.
The Club is also seeking to collect your vaccination information because:
• A media release issued by the NSW Premier on 9 September 2021 provides that only people with 2 doses of an approved COVID-19 vaccine, or those who are medically exempt, may attend a hospitality venue on the Monday after NSW reaches the 70% double-dose milestone, projected to be 11 October 2021, and
• To prepare for opening and trading with fully vaccinated staff or those who are medically exempt, the Club requires this information from you to ensure it complies with legislation that gives effect to the media release.
7. Consequences of the Club not collecting your vaccination certificate.
If the Club is unable to collect your vaccination information, it will:
• hinder the Club’s capacity to comply with its duty under health and safety laws to eliminate or, if that is not reasonably practicable, minimise the risk of exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace for the health and safety of all employees, members and the broader community, and
• undermine the Club’s ability to comply with an applicable public health order.
8. Who are the types of bodies and persons to whom we may disclose your vaccination information?
The Club will only disclose your vaccination information in accordance with any obligation or duty imposed on the Club by an order under the Public Health Act or any other law.
9. Will my vaccination information be disclosed to overseas recipients?
No, the Club will not disclose your vaccination record to any overseas recipient.
10. How will records of my vaccination information be stored?
The Club may record your vaccination information in hard copy and electronic formats.
The Club will take all reasonable steps to protect your vaccination information from misuse, loss or alteration. These steps include but are not limited to:
• requiring security passes to enter the office or areas within the office where hard or electronic copies are accessible
• keeping hard copies in in locked cabinets,
• storing the information in a database on a cloud which is routinely checked and audited;
• implementing technological controls – for example, restriction of access, firewalls, use of encryption and passwords;
• destroying the information once the Club no longer needs to hold it (if hard copy – by shredding, and if soft copy – by deleting or permanently de-identifying); and
• if hard copies of the information are removed from the Club – requiring that they be placed in a plain manila folder which does not identify the person.
The Club will destroy the information when the purposes for which it was collected are no longer relevant. The information may be retained to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements introduced after this Notice is issued.
11. How can I access my COVID-19 vaccination record?
The Club will take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information and/or Sensitive Information it collects, uses, holds or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Employees will be allowed access to their COVID-19 vaccination record held about them upon request, unless that access would pose a threat to health and safety of any individual or would unreasonably impact on the privacy of another person. Reasonable steps will be taken to correct any information if it is shown to be inaccurate, incomplete or out-of-date.
12. Ensuring the information we hold is accurate.
The Club endeavours to ensure that your vaccination information is kept as current as possible.
If you send the Club a vaccination certificate evidencing you have received one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, you should notify the Club as soon as practicable once you have received your second dose of the vaccine, so your records are up to date and accurate.
Employees are encouraged to request that their vaccination information be corrected if it is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading and the Club will update the information if satisfied this is the case. Requests for updating your vaccination information must be in writing and all requests will be responded to within a reasonable timeframe.
13. Can I make a complaint about how my data is handled?